Online EPF Nomination Apply Process: Whether you are working in government or private sector and your PF is deducted from it. And if you want to withdraw money from PF or transfer PF from one company to another, it is now mandatory for you to do e-nomination for EPFO. Only after that you can use any service. EPFO said that there is no deadline for E-Nomination but the earlier the better.
So in today’s article you will get to know the step by step process of how to do e-nomination for EPFO.
How to do EPFO E-Nomination?
- STEP 1: First you have to go to EPFO Member Portal website and then you have to login in it.
- STEP 2: After login you will have to click on the option of Manage on the top left side of the page and after that you will have to click on the option of E-Nomination.
- STEP 3: Once you click on E-Nomination, a new page will open, asking if you have a family. You can click on Yes or No. Click on the Yes box, then you will be given the option to add family members. All family members cannot be your PF nominee but you can provide details of your family members. For each family member, you have to upload their photo and enter their Aadhaar number, name, date of birth and gender. It will be added after successful verification.
- STEP 4: Now you have to add the family members whom you want to have in E-Nomination (heir), by giving their Aadhaar number, name, date of birth, their relationship with you and their photographs.
- STEP 5: Then you have to write the names of the persons from the family list for nomination and also write the percentage of your nomination you give them. Then click on Save EPF Nomination.
After adding a family member for e-nomination, you have to do e-signing of that person whose step by step process is as follows.
Benefits of EPFO e-Nomination
As a result of EPF e-nomination, if something were to happen to you, the eligible nominee would receive PF, pension and Rs. Insurance up to 7 lakhs will be paid quickly. We have mentioned the benefits of EPFO e-nomination in the following board points:
- EPF can file claim online in case of death of member.
- Online payment of PF money to your nominees.
- Expedited claim settlement.
- Paperless process.
EPF e-Nomination Required Details
- Make sure your profile photo is updated on the portal. If not, you will not be able to start your EPF nominee update online. date of birth, permanent and present address and marital status,
- Your mobile number should be linked with your Aadhaar number.
- Your name, date of birth and gender in the EPF record should match the Aadhaar card details.
- Your siblings are not considered as family members under the provisions of the PF Act. This means, if you select ‘Yes’ for the ‘Having Family’ option then you cannot nominate them as your PF beneficiary. If you are single and going to nominate your brother or sister, you have to select ‘No’ in the ‘Having Family’ option.
- To complete EPF e-nomination you must have key details about the nominee, including the person’s official name, date of birth, Aadhaar number and photograph.
- To perform many actions through the EPF website, a member usually needs the approval of his employer. However, this is not required in case of EPFO e-nomination. An EPF member can file their e-nomination online through the UAN portal without any hassle from the employer.
How to update your profile photo for EPFO e-nomination?
- STEP 1: Login to your UAN account.
- STEP 2: Under the Menu section, click on View. From the drop-down menu, click Profile.
- STEP 3: Click on Change Photo option on the left side.
- STEP 4: Click Browse to select a photo from your computer.
- STEP 5: Click on the Preview button and upload the photograph.
- STEP 5: Now, click on Ok for Confirmation.
Updating profile photo is required for EFPO E-Nomination
If you do not have your profile photo on your EPFO online account, you will not be able to complete your EPFO e-nomination. In this instance, an error message that reads “Unable to Proceed” will be displayed to you.
If your photo is not uploaded, you need to do it before starting your EPFO e-nomination.
- Information required for photos:
- Photo size is 3.5 cm by 4.5 cm.
- The size of the image file should not exceed 100 Kb.
- Photo must be in JPEG/JPG/PNG format.
1 thought on “Online EPF Nomination Apply Process”