AICTE – Saksham Scholarship 2023: Eligibility, Registration & Application form: Saksham is a scholarship scheme by the Ministry of Education, implemented by AICTE, which aims to encourage and support children with special disabilities to pursue technical education. It is an attempt to give every young student, who is otherwise exceptionally able, an opportunity to further study and prepare for a successful future through technical education/knowledge.
₹50,000/- per annum for each year of study i.e. maximum 4 years for students admitted in first year and maximum 3 years for students admitted in second year through lateral entry as lump sum towards payment of college fees, purchase of computers, stationery. Books, tools, software, etc. A candidate should be admitted through lateral entry to any institution approved by AICTE of the respective year in the first year of a degree level course or in the second year of a degree level course. Family income from all sources Rs. should not be more than 8 lakhs annually during the current financial year.
₹50,000/- per annum for each year of study i.e. maximum 4 years for students admitted in first year and maximum 3 years for students admitted in second year through lateral entry as lump sum towards payment of college fees, purchase of computers, stationery. Books, tools, software, etc.
After selection, the scholarship will be paid annually through DBT mode to the awardee.
The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study on receipt of renewal through the National Scholarship Portal by submitting the pass certificate/marksheet along with a letter on the online portal from the institute’s director.
Exclusion from Scholarship Scheme for Specially Handicapped Students (Degree)
- Students who fail to be promoted to the next class/level will forfeit the scholarship.
- The gap between the year of passing the qualifying examination and the semester of admission to the degree course should not exceed two years.
- If the candidate fails/leaves in the subsequent year, he/she will not be eligible for further scholarship.
- The student must not receive any wages, salaries, stipends, or other forms of financial assistance before the scholarship can be awarded. during her time studying at the institution from any other source. The scholarship will be terminated and the entire amount refunded to AICTE in the form of a D/Draft made out to “Member Secretary, AICTE,” payable in New Delhi, in the event that any other financial assistance is received.
Also Read >>> New Swarnima Yojana Gujarat 2023 @socialjustice.gov.in
Application Process for Able Scholarship Scheme for Students with Special Disabilities (Degree) Online
- Step 1: Prepare soft copies of required documents.
- Go to http://www.scholarships.gov.in/ And click on “New Registration”.
- Registration instructions will appear. Scroll down.
- Read the warranty carefully. Accept the terms. Click on “Continue”.
- Step 2: A registration form will appear. Fields marked as (* are mandatory)
- Fill the details and click on “Register”.
- It will display your application ID and password.
- It will also be sent as an SMS to your registered mobile number.
- Step 3: Go to https://scholarships.gov.in/fresh/newstdRegfrmInstruction
- Click on “Login to Apply”. Enter your Application ID and Password.
- Type the captcha and click on “Login”.
- On the next screen, provide the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- Create and confirm a new password.
- Click on “Submit”. You will be directed to “Applicant’s Dashboard”.
- Step 4: On the left pane, click on “Application Form”. Fields marked with * are mandatory. Fill the details and upload the documents: You can click “Save as Draft” on the com
Necessary documents for eligible Scholarship Scheme for Specially Handicapped Students (Degree).
- Copy of SSC/10th Certificate and Marksheet,
- Copy of HSC/12th certificate (in case of degree level) and mark sheet.
- Copy of ITI certificate (in case of lateral entry for diploma level) and mark sheet.
- Copy of diploma certificate (in case of lateral entry for degree level) and mark sheet.
- Category certificate, if applicable.
- Studies/ Bonafide Certificate (Annexure-I).
- Certificate of Annual Family Income (Annexure-II).
- Promotion Certificate (Annexure-EEE) in case of renewal.