How to Link PAN Card with Aadhaar Card?: PAN Card is a unique 10-digit alphanumeric code issued by the Income Tax Department of India to individuals, firms and companies for tax administration and identification purposes.
Recently, the Government of India has announced that PAN will become inactive if it is not linked to the Aadhaar card, a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). As per the latest update, if the PAN Card is not linked with Aadhaar by March 31, 2023, it will become inactive.
What happens if the PAN Card is deactivated?
It is important to note that inactive PAN cards will become invalid and may cause difficulties in doing financial transactions. Therefore, PAN Card holders individuals and organizations are advised to link it with their Aadhar Card before the deadline to avoid any inconvenience.
- If the PAN Card becomes inactive, it means that it is no longer valid and cannot be used for financial transactions…
- It is important to note that ineligibility of PAN card can be avoided by linking it with Aadhar card before the deadline set by the government….
- Government has made it mandatory to link PAN Card with Aadhaar to prevent tax evasion and ensure matching of PAN cardholder details with Aadhaar database….
- Therefore, PAN Card holders individuals and organizations are advised to link it with their Aadhaar Card before the deadline to avoid any inconvenience and ensure smooth operation of financial transactions….
- The process of linking PAN Card with Aadhaar is simple and can be done online as well as offline.
Also Read >> New Driving License Rules 2023: All Details
How to Link PAN Card with Aadhaar Card?
Linking your PAN card with your Aadhaar card is a simple process and can be done as follows:
- Visit the official website of the Income Tax Department at: https://www.incometaxindiafiling.gov.in/home
- Click on the “Link Aadhaar” option under the “Quick Links” section. Enter your PAN Card, Aadhaar Number and your full name as mentioned in your Aadhaar Card.
- Enter your date of birth and gender as per your Aadhaar card.
- Click on “Get One Time Password (OTP)” button. An OTP will be sent to the mobile number you have registered.
- Enter the OTP and click on the “Link Aadhaar” button.
- If the details you provided match with the details in the Aadhaar database, your PAN Card and Aadhaar will be successfully linked.
Fill Form 49A, which is the PAN application form, and mention that you want to link your PAN card and Aadhaar.
Submit the form to the PAN Seva Kendra along with a copy of your PAN card and Aadhaar card.
The PAN Seva Kendra will verify the details and link your PAN card and Aadhaar.
|Link Aadhaar User Manual||Click Here|
|Link PAN With Aadhar card||Click Here|
|Official website||Click Here|
|GkGujarat Homepage||Click Here|
3 thoughts on “How to Link PAN Card with Aadhaar Card?”